The minimum age to get an I-20 is 18 years old. However, if you are under 18 years, you can apply* if you have a high school diploma and a guardian in the U.S. during your studies at Language Systems.
*To all campus except Downtown Los Angeles
One term is 12 weeks. There are 4 terms per year. There is a 1 week break between each term. You can see the schedule here
Depending on the campus location and the program, the number of students in classes will vary. Generally speaking, the class size could range from 6 to 20 per class.
We have 4 centers in Southern California: Northeast Los Angeles in Alhambra, Downtown Los Angeles, Orange County in Fullerton, and South Bay Los Angeles in Torrance.
Discounts are applied when you pay for more weeks. To find out more about current discounts and promotions, please contact us.
Yes, we are a company of equal opportunities for everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, culture, or race/ethnicity. Our teachers are highly qualified instructors who offer only the best for students in their education.
After successfully completing a level, we will issue a Certificate of Completion.
Yes. We are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) which is listed by the U. S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. You can see all our credentials here.
We offer activities for students in all our four locations as well as annual events so students can enjoy time with classmates and meet new people. We also work with a tour company to offer our students fun trips such as Disneyland, Universal Studios, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Diego, etc.
It is easy to communicate with us because our student advisors can speak to you in your language. Currently our advisors speak the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Turkish.
Yes, if you are currently attending school, you can pay monthly for your tuition. However, if you apply from overseas or you are a new transfer student, the minimum term requirement is 12 weeks which should be paid in full.
Promotion depends on the total score of participation/attendance, weekly test scores and homework. If you have attended the class routinely and participated actively, you will have the advantage of promotion.
You can take the TOEFL iBT Test at Language Systems International as well as the TOEFL Preparation Program. Choose the most convenient location at ets.org
You can take the TOEIC Test at Language Systems International as well as the TOEIC Preparation Program. Choose the most convenient location at ets.org.
You must bring a copy of your airplane ticket in order for us to close your file properly. You must also return to your country within 60 days from your completion date (if you completed at least 12 weeks by that date). However, if you studied less than 12 weeks at Language Systems, you have no more than 15 days to leave the U.S.
At Language Systems you will have a week vacation after every 12 weeks of study; in addition, students are allowed to take an additional month-long vacation after completing 24 weeks (2 terms).
We are able to issue students a refund as long as they have not used more than 60% of their enrollment period.
Our attendance policy is that students must attend class at least 80% a week. However, if you miss class due to certain circumstances, you must notify us as soon as possible to keep you in status.
We are able to reissue the second I-20 with a new starting date with no reissuance fee. However, if a student had to request a 3rd I-20, he would need to submit a new application with a new bank statement and pay all the fees again.
1. Application form (online)
2. Copy of passport
3. Bank statement showing at least $13,000 in available funds (no more than 3 months old)
4. Proof of highest education attended.
5. US $550 ($150 non-refundable processing fee, $200 SEVIS fee, $100 tuition deposit, and $100 I-20 shipping and handling fee).
The F-1 student visa is a non-immigrant visa. This means that you must show that you have no intent to immigrate to the United States. As part of this requirement, you need to show that you have enough money available to pay for both your studies and your living expenses while in the USA. As a general rule, we ask students to show at least $13,000 in total. Bank statements can be from you, your spouse, and your parents. When you apply, we will review your bank statements, and we will advise you further if necessary. If you have any questions about your bank statements, you may send them to us for review before you apply.
You can send the documents by mail, fax or email attachment.
A $200 SEVIS fee is charged by US immigration. When you apply for an F-1 visa, you need to show the SEVIS fee receipt. If you do not pay the SEVIS fee, the US embassy will not issue the F-1 visa. You can pay the SEVIS fee to US immigration directly, or you can pay the SEVIS fee to us and we will pay the SEVIS fee to US immigration instead for you, and we will send you the SEVIS fee receipt with your I-20. The SEVIS fee receipt is required when you apply for the F-1 visa and come to the U.S. The site to pay this fee is www.fmjfee.com
You can send payments by bank wire transfer, Paypal or Credit Card (requesting our Credit Card Payment Form).
You can pay online through PayPal. After completing the online application, you will have the option to select payment method. Choose CREDIT CARD and you will be directed to PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to pay. You can use most major credit cards. Also, you can download our Credit Card Payment Form by the time you submit your online application.
As soon as we receive your application form, documents and payments, we will mail the I-20 and an Acceptance Letter to you. It takes about 2 weeks, but it varies from country to country.
You need to prepare the following documents and payments for the visa application and make an appointment with the US embassy to have an application interview for your F-1 visa.
2. Bank statement (should be at least $13,000)
3. Transcripts and diploma from your high school and/or university
4. Study plan (must state that you will return to your country when you complete your
studies in the USA.)
5. Leave-of-absence letter (If you have a job, you can ask your company to write a letter indicating that you will return to your country when you complete your studies in the USA.)
7. I-901 fee confirmation (SEVIS fee receipt)
8. Completed DS application form(s) (available on the website of the embassy)
9.Application fee for F-1 visa
10. Additional documents (Please check with US embassy in your country. It varies from country to country.)
You must provide the following three things to the U.S. embassy officer:
1. Sufficient funds: Because the US embassy does not want you to work in the USA illegally, you or your sponsor needs to have enough money to support you while you study in the US. To prove this, you or your sponsor needs to prepare a bank statement that shows sufficient funds. It is preferable that the sponsor is in your country. The bank account should be in your country as well.
2. Clear study plan and purpose: You need to explain what you want to study and why you need to study it in the US instead of in your country.
3. Intent to go back to your country after study in USA: You need to show strong ties to the country in which you are applying for an F-1 visa and indications that you will leave the USA upon completion of your studies. Applicants under 18 years can only apply if they have a high school diploma and a guardian in the U.S. during their studies at Language Systems.
After you receive the visa, you can enter the USA up to 30 days before your starting date on your I-20.
We will refund your fees as follows: The $150 processing fee is not refundable. The $200 SEVIS fee is taken by US immigration, so we cannot refund it. The $100 I-20 shipping and handling fee is taken by Fed-Ex, so we cannot refund it either. The $100 tuition deposit is refundable. In order to refund it, we need your original I-20 back.
1. Copy of passport
2. Copy of F-1 visa
4. Copy of previous school’s I-20
5. Bank statement (at least $3,000)
6. Application for Enrollment (paper)
7. Transfer form: Please ask your current school to fill out this form before you finish your current program. Then, send this form to our school.
8. $150 non-refundable processing fee
9. 12-week tuition fee for the program
10. Proof of highest education attended
It depends on your status. Some types of status can be changed, and some cannot. For more information click here
We have change-of-status specialists to help you change your status. For further information, please contact us.
Language Systems has special agreements, or Mutual Recognition Programs (MRPs), with many schools in Los Angeles. These agreements typically allow Language Systems students to take part-time credit classes at most schools while the student is studying at Language Systems and to transfer without a TOEFL score. After the student completes Level 5, 6 or 7 at Language Systems, he or she can transfer to the several colleges without a TOEFL score.
Check a list of all the colleges and universities we have agreements with here.